Our completely gluttonous weekend has inspired us to so a weekly-ish food post talking about our favorite places to eat or drinks to buy or recipes you should try.
This weeks feature is from Olive Garden.
I know, I know. That sounds totally lame because who hasn't been to Olive Garden? Most of our favorite places to eat are local, fun places and we avoid chain restaurants for the most part (Olive Garden and Ruby Tuesdays being the exception usually).
But for date night a couple weeks ago we got a little dressed up and went for cheese ravioli because it is my favorite. And then because it was date night we indulged a little more than usual and ordered dessert.
I ordered something new on the menu called Zeppoli, which are basically little doughnuts covered in sugar and dipped in chocolate sauce. The picture on the menu made these little treats out to be, well, little. I was thinking an inch long maybe and I would get like 5 of them. Oh no...
They are HUGE! 3 times bigger than I thought they would be. Oh but so so yummy.
I could only eat a couple and then we had a treat for the next day.
Go try some! You wont be disappointed. Just don't be fooled by the picture in the menu.


No comments:
Post a Comment