us controller sackboy yummy2 photo

Susie Homemaker

Yeah thats me. A regular housewife girlfriend.
HaHa.

However. Despite my serious lack of homemaking skills (Jake is the one who will do most of the cleaning in the future when we live together... I think he enjoys it though so I don't feel too bad) last week I did two homemaky things. I did some sewing and baked my own bread. Hell yeah. I guess I'm a closet homemaker... who knew.

First, I sewed a new pocket for Jake's work smock. He has to wear this silly thing at work to keep static electricity from ruining the things they work on or something... but it wasn't very practical for all the tools he had to have on him, until I got my hands on it...


And now Jake has a nifty pocket on his sleeve for all his pens and screwdrivers. 




Then we made bread. Jake's mom gave him a bread maker a couple months ago that she had gotten back when she got married and had never been successful with. So I decided to give it a try and I was (surprisingly) successful! It was the yummiest bread (but I didn't get a good picture of it). But because it takes 3 and a half hours to go through the cycle, it wasn't done until midnight and just as we were taking it out of the bread maker we realized it was snowing outside. The good kind of snow (fluffy). So, like a crazy person, I jumped out the back door into the deep snow and made a snow angel.
How very un-susie homemaker of me. 

No comments: